Session Date: 17-Aug-21 (Tuesday)
Word List, A4 sheet, Colors – pastels/pencils or sketch pens
- Break the name in 4 sections, give each section to 1 child. If more than 4 children then give each child 1 part of the name. or
- Write the 4 sections of names in A4 sheet and read it together once. Instruct the children to join you in reading out the name during the story time.
- Discuss about names, small names, big names, the biggest names they know or have heard
- What do you think is better and why? To have big name or to have a small name?
Read the story and prompt children to say the name whenever it comes in the story. Ask questions related to
- Prediction – what do you think will happen next?
- Reasoning – why do you think the names are short now?
- Ask children what they liked about the story. One child said he liked the well, the other said he liked the old man as he came to help someone’s child.
- Ask children about their favorite scene and draw it.
- Fold A4 sheet in 8 sections, draw the story sequence till the time Chang fell in the well. If they remember more they can draw more.
- Fold A4 sheet in 4 sections, in each section draw a character – Chang, Changs Brother, their Mother, The old man with the ladder – this worked well for 5 to 7 yr old
- Fold A4 sheet in 4 sections, in each section draw a scene – Well, House, Cliff