Meeting Attendees: Theju, Malavika, Preeti Sharma, Vinitha, Prerna Agrawal, Drishti
Library Practice update:
- Malavika (Tata Trust) – not much since schools shut down.
- Preeti (Shiv Nadar School) – Online resource material shared with children.
- Vinitha (Neev) – Online library sessions for primary section though it is optional. They also share presentation and activities to children and some do get back. Monthly theme-wise exploration of books. August – Independence day theme;September- Neev shortlisted books.
- Prerna (Independent) – Conducting online sessions and working towards building a community library soon.
- Theju (Independent, with Champaca) – Not much at library front, hoping for schools to start and resume the library activities. Community library also on cards soon.
- Drishti (Independent) – Home library is active with few members and conducting weekly online book reading sessions with these children
Book talk/ Book sharing
- Theju – Book talk on “The Blessing Cup” by Patricia Polacco a sort of sequel to “The Keeping Quilt”. A book on preserving identity through objects and family traditions.
- Drishti – Book sharing on “The Young Pandavas – the City of Elephants” by Anupam Arunachalam. A fun read book for 7yrs to 9yrs. Childhood stories told from 9yr of Sahadeva’s point of view.
- Preeti – Books shared – “Year of the weeds” by Siddharth Basu, “Bird by Bird” by Anne Lamott
- Drishti – Looking for comic books – Indian and with girl protagonist. Vinitha suggested “The secret life of Debbie G”. Need more exploration